domingo, 12 de julio de 2009

KING JOHN































ACT 1 (ver "Youtube" "Shakespeare" "King John" "chunk 1"-es de la BBC y trae el texto)

With a magnificent performance from Leonard Rossiter as King John and superb supporting roles by John Thaw and Claire Bloom, this production illuminates the themes of legitimacy and loyalty that run through one of Shakespeare's lesser-known plays, in which the reign of England's King John is threatened by Philip of France.

PARA LAS NOTAS:

http://books.google.com.mx/books?id=8fAjAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA295&lpg=PA295&dq=%22Good+den,+sir+Richard%22&source=bl&ots=P4KFGX16x9&sig=EmjjL_DfC3rjZ07CxxVOZ42aHR0&hl=es&ei=61RGSqT2OorkNcvNxJ8B&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

QUEEN ELINOR

(to the King, her son)

(to the King, her son)

(to the bastard, her grandson)

(to the bastard, her grandson)

I like thee well: wilt thou forsake thy fortune,
Bequeath thy land to him and follow me?
I am a soldier and now bound to France.

BASTARD

Brother, take you my land, I'll take my chance.
Your face hath got five hundred pound a year,
Yet sell your face for five pence and 'tis dear.
Madam, I'll follow you unto the death.

QUEEN ELINOR

Nay, I would have you go before me thither.

-----

KING JOHN

From henceforth bear his name whose form thou bear'st:
Kneel thou down Philip, but rise more great,
Arise sir Richard and Plantagenet.

BASTARD

Brother by the mother's side, give me your hand:
My father gave me honour, yours gave land.
Now blessed by the hour, by night or day,
When I was got, sir Robert was away!

QUEEN ELINOR

The very spirit of Plantagenet!
I am thy grandam, Richard; call me so.

BASTARD

Madam, by chance but not by truth; what though? (by chance but not by honesty)

……

BASTARD

Brother, adieu: good fortune come to thee!
For thou wast got i' the way of honesty

toasting iron -CHEESE TOASTER - a sword.

Like rivers of remorse and innocency -“Remorse” significa aquí pity.

A rush (un junco) will be a beam to hang thee on

The unowned interest of proud-swelling state - the interest which has no owner to claim it

The imminent decay of wrested pomp (greatness obtained by violence)

Thimbles - dedales

Welkin - el cielo

Beshrew - maldecir*


Susan Herbert es una artista inglesa especializada en gatos.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario